Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: H&S Mini Maxx Help?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

H&S Mini Maxx Help?

Hello everybody, I’m a fresh newbie in the diesel world.

I bought a 2012 RAM 6.7L 3500 and have been getting into it.

I bought it, deleted and tuned it with H&S delete kit.

The truck was from Washington, and I live in Alaska, so I didn’t have the chance to look at it beforehand.

I had it shipped.

I will put in a Banks intake horn soon and get a new valve cover plate, as I have deleted the CCV filter but don’t like the mini-filter idea.

The tune is the “mild w/ turbo” tune, but I know that H&S is hard to deal with because they got boinked by the feds.

I need ideas/suggestions/instructions on maybe getting a newer tuner, where to get tune files from, and if it will brick my ECM/TCM if I try to retune it.

Thank you!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: H&S Mini Maxx Help?

Quote Originally Posted by gspeth View Post
    Hello everybody, I’m a fresh newbie in the diesel world.

I bought a 2012 RAM 6.7L 3500 and have been getting into it.

I bought it, deleted it, and tuned it with H&S delete kit.

The truck was from Washington, and I live in Alaska, so I didn’t have the chance to look at it beforehand.

I had it shipped.

I will put in a Banks intake horn soon and get a new valve cover plate, as I have deleted the CCV filter but don’t like the mini-filter idea.

The tune is the “mild w/ turbo” tune, but I know that H&S is hard to deal with because they got boinked by the feds.

I need ideas/suggestions/instructions on maybe getting a newer tuner, where to get tune files from, and if it will brick my ECM/TCM if I try to retune it.

Thank you!
    I'm not familiar with H&S tuning.

Sorry, friend.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post