Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 2013-2017 Android Auto/Apple Carplay Functionality?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2013-2017 Android Auto/Apple Carplay Functionality?

Only after buying my truck did I figure out that the screen in looks decent but is seemingly less powerful than a Commodore64.

Coming from a daily with AA/Carplay functionality and now not having it, I realize how much I enjoyed it and would like it back (for Waze alone!).

So far I have come across a few different options, which I will list below, but I was wondering what route people have taken, if there is another cheaper/better way I have missed, etc.

I'm trying to create a newer, updated thread for those looking to do a similar upgrade in the future and hopefully get some advice/tips from those who have already done it.

WARNING: AS-OF WRITING I HAVE NOT PURCHASED ANYTHING FROM ANY OF THE COMPANIES, TRIED ANY METHODS LISTED BELOW, AND AM NOT RECOMMENDING OR VOUCHING FOR ANYTHING. THIS IS ONLY INFORMATION THAT I HAVE COLLECTED SO FAR IN MY RESEARCH. I WILL UPDATE THIS POST ONCE I HAVE CHOSEN SOMETHING AND LET YOU KNOW MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

The options I have currently found are:

I have also seen people using cheap Chinese car tablets with Android Auto/Apple Carplay, Bluetooth, etc.

This is another cheap option, but I am looking to upgrade the functionality of my current screen, not add more to the vehicle.

If you're on a budget and don't mind, this is a viable option and tons to roll the dice over at Amazon/eBay.

Does anyone have any experience doing this swap?

What route did you take, and how was the experience?

Is there anything you would recommend or do differently?

Thanks, everyone, in advance!

Last edited by m00n; 06-19-2024 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Grammar, formatting
    2500 Laramie