Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: turbo swap issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

turbo swap issues

Hi everyone, here is my problem, 2014 2500 limited and I just swapped my stock turbo for the fleece cheetah and now I have ABS light and speedometer doesn't work. the truck was running great prior to swap. would anyone have ideas on what it could be? thanks. Just hooked up scanner, getting code U1412. implausible vehicle speed signal received
    Update: issue was wrong wheel diameter, set it back to stock, cleared codes all good, re-entered tire diameter, no code. life is good!!

Last edited by Meckbar; 5 Days Ago at 07:55 PM. Reason: add info

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: turbo swap issues

I was a bit confused at first.

The turbo is separate from the ABS\speedo.

Glad you got the issue figured out.

Did you put in an even number like 35" rather than 35.0"?

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

4. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: turbo swap issues

I was confused at first also. couldn't make the connection between turbo and abs either, but after hooking up my scanner instead of just using my tuner it showed a few more codes which led me to having the wrong size tire. I had it set for 34.00" which gave me the closest speedo measurement to GPS. dropped it back to 33.00 and everything cleared. set it back to 34.00 and still no codes

6. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post