Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 RAM Cummins 3500 Aisin Trans Problems!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 RAM Cummins 3500 Aisin Trans Problems!

Ok, I am gonna update this thread because I hate when something isn't closed out. I have not been able to replicate the issue but I think I may have figured out what happened. My phone is located just above the shifter arm on a little platform I installed on top of the radio. I was accelerating onto a highway when it occurred while simultaneously reaching for the screen to adjust the brightness down. I think my hand partially knocked the thing into neutral. That's all I can think of because I KNOW I did in fact bump that thing but didn't think it had anything to do with the failures. But, since I haven't seen anything pop up again and I just drove to Dallas and back with zero issues, I can't think of anything else. Anyhow, I did regain some appreciation for my truck again so that's always good.

Now, if I can only figure out how to set the cruise speed a little higher. Mine maxes at 85 (no you can't bump it up from there) and my tire size isn't nailed down correctly so I can only go 82-ish. Which, now that I think of it, could ALSO have done something to send codes. Not sure haha. Probably kept me from getting a ticket, though! LOL.

Edit: thanks to a certain person in this forum, I was getting about 17.8 MPG at 82 MPH in a 3500 with 37 inch tires and a lift and carrying 90 gallons of fuel made it so I got there and back on 1 fill-up. God I love being able to do that. Especially since I can get my first 30 gallons at 25c off then the rest at about 3.05. That's pretty damn good for El Paso area, btw.

Last edited by Mortifera; 07-28-2024 at 08:01 AM.

2. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Ok, after about 60-ish days of no problems, I had the problem again.

I was driving up a hill and went to pass another vehicle.

After stepping on it, the transmission went to downshift, and it felt like somebody rear-ended me, and then I had nothing.

I was cresting the top of the hill and was able to coast to a larger shoulder and do some trouble shooting.

I had two codes: U010E and P0735. Might be time to call revmax.

EDIT: This time, I did NOT bump the shifter.

Also, I would like to add that when I shift into drive, the P R N D lights turn yellow unless I find the right spot.

Last edited by Mortifera; 5 Days Ago at 10:20 AM.

4. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifera View Post
    Ok, after about 60-ish days of no problems, I had the problem again.

I was driving up a hill and went to pass another vehicle.

After stepping on it, the transmission went to downshift, and it felt like somebody rear-ended me, and then I had nothing.

I was cresting the top of the hill and was able to coast to a larger shoulder and do some trouble shooting.

I had two codes: U010E and P0735. Might be time to call revmax.

EDIT: This time, I did NOT bump the shifter.

Also, I would like to add that when I shift into drive, the P R N D lights turn yellow unless I find the right spot.
    The U010E is normal when deleted and nothing to be concerned about.

Did you go through the troubleshooting checks for P0735 code listed in post #6? Could be a speed sensor or transmission harness connection issue.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, Skywrench liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12