Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  22

Thread: O-Ring HP Limit?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

O-Ring HP Limit?

So my trucks o-ringed, compounded, studded, etc.

It burns completely clean during burnout and only hazes a little going down the track.

I wanna throw more fuel at it, and at the moment, 5x.018 injectors are the same price as 5x.016s

I don't want to fire ring my truck. I wanna keep it o-ringed with a truck.

I'll put in the arp 625s whatever, just no fire ringing.

So, where's everybody's power level with o-rings?

If I do the 1000 hp injectors, are we gonna blow the gasket every pass?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

1974 GMC C20- 12 valve, Borg Warner S480 over S362SXE, 7mm delivery valves, 5x.012 injectors, 4k gov springs.
    2015 Ram 2500 CCSB- EZ Lynk ATS tuned, 5"DPF back pipe, ats 2 piece exhaust manifold

2. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    DEFUND EPA I WILL STAND sootmaster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: O-Ring HP Limit?

Hello, this is a typical question many have asked over time (Googled).

If you're looking to increase your fueling above what you already have,

I recommend a reputable shop to dyno your present rig and where the torque is.

You are at risk when you ask and have no data or current dyno numbers!

Many have done so, and rods fail from tuning.

If going to replace rods, Fire-Ring the block Head Split and Have a more dependable truck.

The o-ringing you presently have is better than stock but has limits as you build CYL pressures with compounds, where the fuel curve is, and where the torque is highest.

Then, drive train failures of trans become the next factor.

Sometimes, be happy with what you have.

Higher-than-stock trucks break everything!

I know well, as mine is being redone as you build power.

I always say stock sucks!

But My bank account is empty also!

If I were to do over Hamilton Block, Wagner Street fighter rods, CNC Head, ALL 14mm or 9/16th studs, and girdles Fire-Ring.

I am not sold on the deck plate on the stock platform block, but they do work, and a decreased rod ratio is preferred.

Then 1k+ HP is dependable, and 12v torque numbers a lot, making torque above 2k+ a massive Hot Rod truck!

Last edited by sootmaster; 07-10-2024 at 12:24 PM.
    07.5 4x4 Yukon Detroit locker Rear AAM Elect-Front Locker, DOR Front Arm, ATS/Destroke Allison 1000 Conversion W/All 3-Billet Shafts, My Stage-5+ Allison, ATS Five Star TQ Converter, ATS CoPilot, Turbo America Custom VGT, Steed Speed Manifold, (UpGrading Compound Pusher turbo s480 soon) Motorsports Diesel 100% over custom Injectors, MotorSports Diesel 10.6 CP3, AirDog II 165-5G, Rail Pressure Relief 1-Stage, Update Common Rail, Mishimoto Intercooler, ARP 425 Studs, Hamilton Springs,Ret,PR

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yeah, it's easily Googled.

I always find stuff for the common rail guys or 6.7s when I do.

The closest dyno is 2.5-3 hours away.

I know my truck's ballpark power due to it weighing 5600 lbs and running 8.0 1/8 miles.

I want to know if guys can make the 1000 hp with just o-ringed blocks and make multiple passes without blowing the head gasket.

1974 GMC C20- 12 valve, Borg Warner S480 over S362SXE, 7mm delivery valves, 5x.012 injectors, 4k gov springs.
    2015 Ram 2500 CCSB- EZ Lynk ATS tuned, 5"DPF back pipe, ats 2 piece exhaust manifold

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    DEFUND EPA I WILL STAND sootmaster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hello, 12V would use the larger, but here is the concern!

TQ moves offline; also, TQ is CYL pressure (what blows Head Gaskets) HP carries you through the run at the top end.

Where you have the pump timed and where your Peak Torque is Will Dictate the CYL Pressures.

Compounds and sizes: now you are adding more Air and Cyl Pressures.

5600lb @ 8.0 1/8th mile 540hp @flywheel respectively.

If available, and it is unknown if Block and Head are cut for rings or just Head,

I use it on my blown 572 BBC 14/71 Hi helix Copper head gasket and block/head o-rings cut (but yes, that's a gas engine )

YouTube this company that does a lot of 12v engines and shows in-depth and just good info.

07.5 4x4 Yukon Detroit locker Rear AAM Elect-Front Locker, DOR Front Arm, ATS/Destroke Allison 1000 Conversion W/All 3-Billet Shafts, My Stage-5+ Allison, ATS Five Star TQ Converter, ATS CoPilot, Turbo America Custom VGT, Steed Speed Manifold, (UpGrading Compound Pusher turbo s480 soon) Motorsports Diesel 100% over custom Injectors, MotorSports Diesel 10.6 CP3, AirDog II 165-5G, Rail Pressure Relief 1-Stage, Update Common Rail, Mishimoto Intercooler, ARP 425 Studs, Hamilton Springs,Ret,PR

7. Thanks Dans, AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Do you possess / used to possess a 1000 hp 12 valve?

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post