Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  26

Thread: Looking To Color Match?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Looking To Color Match?

I have a 16 RAM Laramie.

So mirrors, door handles, and grill are chrome. I'm not a fan of chrome.

I'm in the process of changing the looks of the truck.

I already have dark headlight housing.

I'm looking for some taillights to match, but would I be better off buying new ones to paint for the grill mirrors and door handles?

I know chrome doesn't take to being painted over very well at all.

I'll post a photo of the new headlights tomorrow.

2. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Labor-wise, having to do rough sand over everything to get the paint to stick would push me more toward buying new.

Unless you want to try and do a few coats and then apply a sealant to protect the paint from potential chips.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Basic cars\trucks from the dealerships come with a paint hardness of 1 or 2.

My dad's business specifically began and still is in the car beauty industry.

I can get you glass and paint ceramic product that has a hardness of 10.

There are steps to do before just washing\drying\ and ceramic.

I have steps if interested.

Wholesale cost as well.

You see every ma and pa shop or dealer wanting 3k or even more for a full detail with the ceramic coating applied.

They are charging way too much for an easy task to accomplish by ourselves.

The coating is good for 1 or 2 years, but every other wash I'll apply a synergy\ceramic spray that helps significantly on keeping the original coating protected as well with keeping particles and mud from adhering to the paint.

It's crazy how well it works.

Here in the PNW we get a lot of rain, which on the 1 out of 30 days everyone washes their rigs.

With the products I mentioned, you don't even need a power washer.

I'm rambling on off topic my bad.

Last edited by Corkey; 07-21-2024 at 12:49 AM.
    II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

5. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Cole60, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have the factory-painted bumpers; I had to get the front bumper painted after a trip down the Alaska Highway and back.

The rock chips and bugs took a toll on the original paint, so after repainting, I had the plastic armor shield applied, and there has been no problem since.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

7. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have a white 2012 RAM 3500 Laramie, and I painted my door handles with spray paint from Advance Auto, which said it matched my white paint.

It does match and has not had a single issue in 3 years.

I sanded them well and did the prepping needed for good adhesion.

I used a black Raptor liner bed liner in spray cans for my mirrors and bumpers, and it has also worked exceptionally well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Here are the headlights.

It's a little late on the picture.

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post