Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: 2021 RAM 2500 - No Air Coming Out Vents?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2021 RAM 2500 - No Air Coming Out Vents?

Hello, I tried searching for this and found nothing.

I was driving the truck with the AC on.

I turned off the recirculation button, turned the system off for about 5 minutes, went to turn it back on, and I heard the blower and (wind), but no air came out of any of the vents, no matter what I select.

Any suggestions would be great.

2021 RAM 2500 4X4 BigHorn Mega Cab Short Bed. Banks Rear Diff Cover, Banks RAM Cold air and Grid delete, Banks Cold Air Intake, 5" strait exhaust, RaceME Canada Ultra display. Road armor custom front brush guard, Diamondback bed cover.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

2. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2021 RAM 2500 - No Air Coming Out Vents?

Quote Originally Posted by DrMarrs View Post
    Hello, I tried searching for this and found nothing.

I was driving the truck with the AC on.

I turned off the recirculation button, turned the system off for about 5 minutes, went to turn it back on, and I heard the blower and (wind), but no air came out of any of the vents, no matter what I select.

Any suggestions would be great.
    It’s a possibility that the evaporator coil froze and frosted over blocking the air flow. Allow the evaporator coil time to defrost and see if the air flow returns. Check the evaporator drain line for possible blockage. See attached description of the Heater/AC system.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you for the quick reply. I will check that for sure, I just left the house the truck/system was only running for maybe 5 minutes.

Last edited by DrMarrs; 07-23-2024 at 08:12 PM.
    2021 RAM 2500 4X4 BigHorn Mega Cab Short Bed. Banks Rear Diff Cover, Banks RAM Cold air and Grid delete, Banks Cold Air Intake, 5" strait exhaust, RaceME Canada Ultra display. Road armor custom front brush guard, Diamondback bed cover.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

6. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrMarrs View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply. I will check that for sure, I just left the house the truck/system was only running for maybe 5 minutes.
    Evaporator icing can be caused by a number of things:

Low refrigerant charge
    Clogged AC condensate drain line
    Restricted airflow from a clogged cabin air filter
    Faulty expansion valve

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks DrMarrs, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes DrMarrs, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    DEFUND EPA I WILL STAND sootmaster's Avatar

User Info Menu

@AK Bob is right on point of some causes!!

Hello,
    tell us a little about your truck? Mileage and My question is do you have a pollen filter or have change it in the past or recently?
    Icing is something you will notice mostly after driving and the air flow starts to reduce.

If you have a Icing condition when the compressor is staying on too long cycle rate or EVAP temp sensor not reading the temp of the air flow correctly off the evaporator ice will form.

Most cycle the compressor around 37-39 degrees. you will require a scan tool to see pid for evaporator actual to address sensor or fault with out a code.

When icing event happens usually the suction line out of the evaporator will frost up like you have in deep freezer.

Investigation Run system till air flow stops look at the ac lines in engine area if frosted then will require to remove blower inspect evap-core for material covering the fins. the evap-temp sensor is after the evap-core upper portion two wires thermistor sensor.
    When air is not going through the sensor (Block dirty fins) the reading will be hotter then the evap-core air flow causing the compressor to stay engaged and low side drops to form Ice. Using the outside air (recir off ) will cause excessive humidity and form water on evap-core that form ice.

I have not seen any evaporator ice up in 5min or less But it could in theory.

Off topic but theory. Home central air will frost/ice up from low refrigerant but that usually due to no low side pressure switch or evap-core temp sensor and compressor outside runs and runs.

07.5 4x4 Yukon Detroit locker Rear AAM Elect-Front Locker, DOR Front Arm, ATS/Destroke Allison 1000 Conversion W/All 3-Billet Shafts, My Stage-5+ Allison, ATS Five Star TQ Converter, ATS CoPilot, Turbo America Custom VGT, Steed Speed Manifold, (UpGrading Compound Pusher turbo s480 soon) Motorsports Diesel 100% over custom Injectors, MotorSports Diesel 10.6 CP3, AirDog II 165-5G, Rail Pressure Relief 1-Stage, Update Common Rail, Mishimoto Intercooler, ARP 425 Studs, Hamilton Springs,Ret,PR

10. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thank you, everybody, for your replies.

After trying, all of the items suggested.

I found on another form where a gentleman went through a car wash when his air conditioner was running, but not on recirculation.

His cabin air filter was soaking wet, and when he removed it, everything started working again.

That suction apparently locked it up.

So for the heck of it, I went out there and sure enough my cabin air filter was soaking wet and as soon as I pulled it out, I could feel all the suction and all the air came through all the vents.

I’m gonna reply this because I’m hoping that it’ll help somebody else since it seems like a common issue or, better yet, an uncommon issue. But it’s an easy thing to check for.

Next, I will try to figure out how to better waterproof that section as I’m curious to how water got in there in the first place I did not go through a car wash although we did have heavy rains last night.

Thank you, everybody, again for your suggestions and help.

I love being a part of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by AK Bob; 07-24-2024 at 02:22 PM.

[/FONT][/COLOR]