Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Backup Sensors?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Backup Sensors?

2019 3500 DRW.

I am getting a CM bed put on.

I took it to a yard that bought the original bed.

When they took it off, they just unplugged the sensors for the rear camera and park assist so I could reuse them on the new bed.

The guy at the shop doing the installation said you're supposed to go into the computer beforehand and turn all that stuff off, or it might not work again.

It sounds like maybe you can't just plug it back in without getting a service sensor system message all the time.

If this is the case, does it make sense to disconnect the battery to reset the system?

Do I need to reflash?

Can this be handled within the MM3 options?

Or is this just a fluke thing?

Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Backup Sensors?

I would try disconnecting the batteries to see if the message goes away.

In my experience, you can unplug the rear camera and parking sensors and then plug them back in without any problems or messages.

A reflash should not be necessary, and the MM3 will not help.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@Mr. Goodbar if the message doesn’t go away, have them perform a full system scan, document the trouble codes they find, and see if they can clear them.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    @Mr. Goodbar if the message doesn’t go away, have them perform a full system scan, document the trouble codes they find, and see if they can clear them.
    Will do.

I would imagine if you could reset everything by unhooking the batteries, that would cover it.

I'm not sure why unplugging a sensor and then plugging it back in would cause an issue in the 1st place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post