Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cb whip mounts n mirrors

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeseven View Post
    I was looking to put one in my truck at sum pointe thanks for the lesson @Polaraco & @thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel

You're only in Saylorsburg. You could come here. I have all the schtuff and tools.

I was thinking about you the other day when I ran up to Jim Thorpe

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Sound like a plan thanks

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Sound like a plan thanks
    Based on the weather we have right now. . . July sounds good. LOL

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

LOL i need a few good snow storms to finance everything so yea july sounds about rite

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    You talking about mine? Look at my rides, should be a pic on there with it set up that way. Mirrors can be folded down. I took the standard antenna mount and dremmeled out the top and bottom bolt holes to allow a big hose clamp to go thru. Hose clamp around mirror arm and hook it all up

oo nice job i like..... problem i have is im painting the mirrors the color of the body( white) so i dont really wana see hose clamps. ive often thaught bout making bcking plte inside the plastic arm but im affraid it might take off the entire mirror if i snag a branch or something

6. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Make sure you use springs then. That's what I did. My truck was set up that way during a hunting season and she saw plenty on branches and brush. As for seeing the hose clamp and mount, I painted the clamp and mount black before putting it on the truck. Rough up the chrome good with some sand paper, some primer and paint. What little bit gets scratched off during install go back and touch up. I didn't do the touch up part when I did mine. Kept meaning to but never got there LOL

7. Likes Polaraco liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Good Tip Drew

9. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

LOL i need a few good snow storms to finance everything so yea july sounds about rite
    yea dido! funny thing bout a nice work truck... its gota work to be nice

10. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I'm new to the Ram platform. my truck came with regular full power non tow mirrors whats the chance I can take the mirrors apart and integrate it into the mirror like most semi's have. I bought it used and it seems the previous owner smacked a tree with the passenger side mirror looking at tearing it apart to replace the fold motor anyway.

11. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Karcher88 View Post
    I'm new to the Ram platform. my truck came with regular full power non tow mirrors whats the chance I can take the mirrors apart and integrate it into the mirror like most semi's have. I bought it used and it seems the previous owner smacked a tree with the passenger side mirror looking at tearing it apart to replace the fold motor anyway.
    That'll be tough to get the whip mounted to a solid place. Most of the non-tow mirrors is plastic. There's not much metal in them at all. (Unless they changed that) it's worth a look, but I doubt you'll find a place in the mirrors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123