Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Honda pioneer 1000-5 or Kawasaki teryx4

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Honda pioneer 1000-5 or Kawasaki teryx4

Well I'm going to be purchasing a SxS here very soon. Really looking to see if anyone here has one of the two I am looking at. I'm between the Honda pioneer 1000-5 and the Kawasaki teryx4 le. This will be used both for trail riding and on the farm. Im familiar with the power difference between the two, but jut wondering if this is really that big of a issue seeing how you can only go so fast on the trails. As far as using it on the farm I will just be hooking up small trailer to move the cow manure, plowing drive way and going to get the mail😀

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Honda pioneer 1000-5 or Kawasaki teryx4

Honda Pioneer has our vote.

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

If you're buying a truck to pull your 12k loads, you wouldn't pick a 1/2 ton, you'd get the 3/4 to 1 ton with the proper engine.
    So if you're looking to pull your manure trailer and want this to last, I'd go for the Honda.
    Then it will be long lasting for the fields, plowing and tooling around.
    If I may, it sounds like it's intention is for work, not hot rodding around.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    If you're buying a truck to pull your 12k loads, you wouldn't pick a 1/2 ton, you'd get the 3/4 to 1 ton with the proper engine.
    So if you're looking to pull your manure trailer and want this to last, I'd go for the Honda.
    Then it will be long lasting for the fields, plowing and tooling around.
    If I may, it sounds like it's intention is for work, not hot rodding around.
    It's definitely going to be used for work but I also take several trips a year to Kentucky to go riding. I guess the only reason I'm really considering the Kawasaki is the suspension, warranty, and the salesman I have dealt with him several times over the years and he wants to make the sale. It sucks he doesn't deal with Hondas. I have went to three different Honda dealerships and cannot get anyone to even come up and talk to me. Wife also wants a new suv so we are out looking at them yesterday and still can't get anyone to come talk to us, I guess that's a different story. Might be the cummins scares everyone away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I only had one dealership do a snub job when I wanted to by a vehicle. I sort of drift to the Managers office and stopped in to say HI. I unloaded on his sales people and I was supprised how things changed when he went to the floor. But I was only gonna to deal with him and him alone since I wouldn't talk to the salesmen. Got one heck of a deal that time. Might be worth the consideration.

Even if the other shop has a good salesman and so on, "is it what you want and will it do all you want" ? You must be happy with it once bought, for that's when you stuck with your decision / choice. After all ... it's "your money" until you sign the papers !

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Thanks Polaraco, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Honda. Loving it so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DanO, IGOTACUMMINS, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Told ya! 😛

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"