Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  95
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extra Gauges - Which Ones?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Extra Gauges - Which Ones?

OK, I got my idash yesterday with the cable; I will hook it up and plug it into the OBDII port to see the available parameters.

Now, for some strange reason, FedEx decided to set it on top of my parcel drop box; why, I have no clue.

I have ordered a sign to tell them to use the drop box. Maybe he thought it was for the milkman, which I haven't seen since i was a kid.

Well, I have three French bulldogs.

Nugget isnt an issue, and neither is Millie (Millie is female), but Maxx likes to grab things and take off and chew them up.

I saw the FedEx pkg arrived via my camera system; I wasn't worried; I have a drop box.

Well, my wife called and said the remnants are in the drop box; she picked it up from the yard.

There is no harm to critical stuff, just missing a plastic thumbnut.

Measure it today to see if it is metric or SAE; maybe a 4/40.

I need to find out the size and order some.

Culprit:

Accomplices with culprit

IMG_20230619_065327.jpg

Nugget was totally innocent.

Nugg_beach1.png

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK, I got my idash yesterday with the cable; I will hook it up and plug it into the OBDII port to see the available parameters.

Now, for some strange reason, FedEx decided to set it on top of my parcel drop box; why, I have no clue.

I have ordered a sign to tell them to use the drop box. Maybe he thought it was for the milkman, which I haven't seen since i was a kid.

Well, I have three French bulldogs.

Nugget isnt an issue, and neither is Millie (Millie is female), but Maxx likes to grab things and take off and chew them up.

I say the FedEx pkg arrived via my camera system; I wasn't worried; I have a drop box.

Well, my wife called and said the remnants are in the drop box; she picked it up from the yard.

There is no harm to critical stuff, just missing a plastic thumbnut.

Measure it today to see if it is metric or SAE; maybe a 4/40.

I need to find out the size and order some.

Culprit:

Accomplices with culprit

IMG_20230619_065327.jpg

Nugget was totally innocent.

Nugg_beach1.png
    I'm pleased to hear you received the gauge, and it wasn't damaged, just the missing nut.

It seems like customer service of any kind has completely gone away.

With the price of shipping these days, we should expect better service.

I have had issues with FedEx, also.

Other carriers will leave packages next to my front door, but FedEx always places the package directly in front of the door, so when you exit the house, the first thing you do is step on the package.

I just had to get that off my chest.

I am looking forward to your review and thoughts on the new gauge.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

OK, I found the plastic thumbnut.

I got the Banks mounting pod for the glass suction set up for now, put the meter into the pod, hooked the cord up, and plugged it into the OBDII port; nice unit, talk about loads of color options.

Man, there are so many choices.

But while sitting in my truck admiring the i dash, I noticed my speedo backlighting was flickering from dim to bright.

As most of you know, I just paid for an outfit to fix my blinking tach and dark fuel gauge.

They said they did replace all LEDs.

So warranty, drop off after work Monday.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

5. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

OK, I dash is installed; I did hook the other cable to add a module for other sensors not on the data list.

I have manifold pressure so that I can show boost also, and I have fuel rail pressure and commanded rail pressure.

I have the set up to see eight items at once, playing with color combos that made it easy to read, so that I will run with that.

I may toy around with the colors some more.

I got the Banks a pillar pod mount, too; it was just about a perfect color match.

What 8 PIDS would you guys run?

I am 100% stock; I have added Banks Monster RAM intake and muffler delete, but all emissions are legal.

gaugeclose.jpg

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK, I dash is installed; I did hook the other cable to add a module for other sensors not on the data list.

I have manifold pressure so that I can show boost also, and I have fuel rail pressure and commanded rail pressure.

I have the set up to see eight items at once, playing with color combos that made it easy to read, so that I will run with that.

I may toy around with the colors some more.

I got the Banks a pillar pod mount, too; it was just about a perfect color match.

What 8 PIDS would you guys run?

I am 100% stock; I have added Banks Monster RAM intake and muffler delete, but all emissions are legal.

gaugeclose.jpg
    Looks great!

Not sure what PIDs you have available for your year truck.

It also depends on what EVIC information can be displayed.

Usually, I monitor the following: Fuel Rail Pressure actual and desired, VGT actual and desired, Boost, Charging Voltage, EGT, and Coolant Temperature.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

It would be hard to be mad at those two for long.

Glad your stuff is ok!

9. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Looks great!

Not sure what PIDs you have available for your year truck.

It also depends on what EVIC information can be displayed.

Usually, I monitor the following: Fuel Rail Pressure actual and desired, VGT actual and desired, Boost, Charging Voltage, EGT, and Coolant Temperature.
    Wow, almost exactly what I just popped in. Top left, manifold pressure-boost/vacuum. top right, timing BTDC
    next row, left, rail commanded, to the right is rail pressure. Then I have ECT, the blank spot is Regen
    The bottom is VGT actual and commanded.

I have ECT in EVIC, plus a regular gauge. For exhaust temps, I do have sensors, but further downstream, I would like one in the turbo outlet.

I can set alarms too, shift light, max rpm alarm, max temp alarm, min temp alarms etc. Slick. You get quite a bit just plugging it into the OBD-II port.

I have 2 "Y" connectors inline on the OBD 2 port now, one for this gauge and the other for my speed turtle.
    I use this style to the port under the dash snaps in the original spot, never even know it and nothing is cut or hacked.
    splitter.jpg

11. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jwaller View Post
    It would be hard to be mad at those two for long.

Glad your stuff is ok!
    They were never in trouble, just glad no damage at all to anything. I have since built a nice little pkg drop box, actually pretty good size and a sign on it for all the shippers , ie USPS, UPS, FedEx and Amazon to drop into the box.

I love those little dogs. They are like small children, but we have had an empty nest for some time, wife just retired first of year, so they keep her busy.

13. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, CrazyTrain, Corkey liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Interesting to see the VGT and manifold pressure when switching exhaust brake on and off at idle.

OK, for you guys with manifold pressure, what is your turbo boot pressures seeing? What should I expect in all stock form? Ran to Home Depot last night to replace small 10.0 CF fridge in garage and not hot rodding, but modest accel, seen 17 lbs of boost.

15. Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

The max boost pressure a stock MAP Sensor will real is 38lbs of pressure.

Even with being stock, with a good pull, you should see max boost pressure.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

17. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, CrazyTrain liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast