Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  90
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

1. Top Of Page | #191

User Info Menu

Hey Drew. Did you notice the odor of the fuel is different? Not sure what it smells like. But it doesn't have that strong petroleum smell.

I was messing with a fuel line, got it all over my hands and some on the sleeve of my shirt. My wife would have complained immediately. Not a word. The smell even washed off on the first round

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #192
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I didn't notice, I even changed my fuel filter and drained water seperator the other day... Granted I don't seem to be able to smell a whole lot half the time anyway

3. Top Of Page | #193

User Info Menu

Pull the cap and take a wiff

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #194
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Smells like..... Not diesel. Still has a diesel smell, but nowhere near as strong. Smells more like something else that just can't describe LOL. I did notice last couple mornings that while it's idling to warm up it still has that typical diesel exhaust smell, but nowhere near as strong

5. Top Of Page | #195

User Info Menu

It smells more oily than Diesel. I mentioned the exhaust odor wasn't as strong a while ago. My local CarQuest sent in for a dealer kit.

6. Top Of Page | #196
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nice.

7. Top Of Page | #197
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quick update, after running the vehicles through the tests and adding a car to the equation as well. Initial results are well um.....

garbage bloody snake oil.

2012 cummins (stock) went from 15.6l per 100 km to 18.1l per 100 km.

The service truck 09 ford with the 6.4l went from 25l per 100 km to over 30 per 100 km

The 2013 duramax went from 17.4l per 100 km to 18.2l per 100 km

Added the wife's truck 15.1l per 100 km to 16.6l per 100 km

And my car 2000 ford focus

Went from 10l per 100 km to 14.3l per 100 km

Still waiting on lab tests to come back as I did not put a rush on it.

All tests done from the same fuel station (flying J) in sherwood park, Alberta, Canada. And tests went as follows. First tank additive. Second and third tank no additive, fourth and fifth tank additive.

8. Top Of Page | #198

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Quick update, after running the vehicles through the tests and adding a car to the equation as well. Initial results are well um.....

garbage bloody snake oil.

2012 cummins (stock) went from 15.6l per 100 km to 18.1l per 100 km.

The service truck 09 ford with the 6.4l went from 25l per 100 km to over 30 per 100 km

The 2013 duramax went from 17.4l per 100 km to 18.2l per 100 km

Added the wife's truck 15.1l per 100 km to 16.6l per 100 km

And my car 2000 ford focus

Went from 10l per 100 km to 14.3l per 100 km

Still waiting on lab tests to come back as I did not put a rush on it.

All tests done from the same fuel station (flying J) in sherwood park, Alberta, Canada. And tests went as follows. First tank additive. Second and third tank no additive, fourth and fifth tank additive.

WOW!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #199

User Info Menu

YOU DOUBTED ME!!!!!!

Toad Ya

I'm waiting for that shop truck results. Hint Hint

10. Top Of Page | #200
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'm also waiting for the lab results, and they have yet to send me the tank info they so call claim

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast